Importance of Prototype Design in Mobile App Development
- What is a Mobile App Prototype?
A Mobile App Prototype is basically the first feel of the project which means that a prototype design tells you how a particular page of your application is going to look like.
In Mobile App development, there is one kind of prototype i.e. image prototype. The image prototypes are those designs which give the pictorial feel of the pages of your application. It gives you a first glance of how your mobile application is going to feel like. In fact, it gives you clarity about the colors, structure of your mobile application.
However, a Mobile App Prototype design has one more aspect associated with it which is the difference in various mobile app prototype designs for different operating systems-
iOS vs Android Mobile App Prototype-
There are certain guidelines that are recommended by different OS for designing usable apps that remains similar to other applications of the same OS. Status bar, navigation bar, back button, tab bar, typography, icons, pop-ups, app icons are a few of the things that may vary in your mobile app prototype and also the final designs for different OSs. However, if a client particularly asks for the design to be same then our designers and developers can also work on it.
You can even check the image prototypes designs of our client for iOS and Android-
For more projects, check out http://www.mvminfotech.com/projects.html
- Importance of Prototype Designs in App Development
- A mobile app prototype is a visitor’s first look which develops the understanding for the client about how his application is going to look like.
- The client also gets clarity on how his particular feature will be viewed.
- It also bridges the gap between the understanding of customer and supplier.
- A prototype design always reduces the risk of development as all the flaws are mostly addressed in the designing and reviewing of prototype designs.
- It also provides clarity on what is in and out of scope in a particular project.
- It also clarifies any doubt from client’s end with respect to what was projected and what is coming out in reality.
- UI being an important factor of the application, a client can clarify things based on color combination, page design, structure or any doubts regarding the structure or functionality of the page.
- Process of Mobile App Prototype Design
- Sit and understand the requirements of the client like the color combination, page design, other UI requirements and branding ideas.
- Form a strategy based on the discussion and client requirements.
- Designers start designing the prototype to match the requirements.
- For smaller projects, usually 2-3 different mobile app prototypes are made. However, for bigger projects, prototypes are made for every screen which is then sent for client review and feedback.
- Based on this, the designers again alter the designs, if required.
- Then, the procedure further moves on to development, coding, finalizing, launching and promoting.
Thus, this clears all our doubts about how crucial prototype designing is in the process of mobile application development.