What is Shopify?
It seems every day in the marketing world there is some new piece of software, a new html code, an even better way to market yourself. If you have been hearing about Shopify and wondering what it is, then here’s your answer…
What is Shopify?
Shopify is an online e-commerce solution that provides you the ability to generate and run your own online store. you can choose your website template, list your products, accept credit card orders, ship your products, track inventory, and all with few clicks of the mouse. With Shopify it’s easy to sell online, and there are no programs to download or maintain, which is useful for ecommerce design company Bangkok. That has to be the most innovative aspect of Shopify – no software!
What are Shopify’s strengths?
- Shopify is cloud-based so it will be run from any browser connected to the internet.
- The ecommerce platform has a robust easy to use tools that helps a store owner quickly set up website which will sell anything with minimal effort.
- It has integrations with several of the top marketing tools.
- It offers vendors a simple way to set up a credit card clearing system through Shopify without the complexity once suffered by anyone that needed to accept credit cards. this system is named Shopify payments.
- A Shopify store is driven by templates that are preformatted for a variety of store styles. A template can even be built by a digital marketing company like Cyberwalker to provide a store operator with an ultra customized store design.
- The platform can be operated from anywhere there’s an internet connection.
- It uses third plug-ins to extend and customize online store functionality.
- Shopify handles all the security problems so store owners can focus on selling.
- The ecommerce platform has a huge community of users that help and support each other.
- The company has excellent customer support resources.
- You can use your Shopify account to run charges on your iPhone for in-person retail transactions.
What are Shopify’s weaknesses?
- Despite being extremely customizable there are areas of the store that aren’t editable even by developers such as the checkout page, without using an expensive top end subscription known as Shopify plus.
- Plug-ins by third party developers need subscriptions and rarely are available for a one time fee, therefore this may drastically increase the cost of operating your store.
- To get higher end reporting you need to buy one of the mid-tier plans.
- You cannot own and operate multiple stores under one account. Late in 2017, the company said that feature may be introduced by late 2018 or 2019.
- Selling virtual or downloadable products is possible however needs a little more experience to setup.
- Shopify on-page SEO controls aren’t in one cohesive place.
- Shopify features a free app to help vendors store and deliver digital assets like videos, images, etc.
What does Shopify cost and what fees will I have to pay?
Shopify fees are based on a subscription model. Prices start at around $10 per month for a small store with a limited inventory, but they can be as high as several hundred dollars per month. The enterprise level subscription, called Shopify Plus, costs thousands of dollars per month.
Most customers opt for the $29 or $79 per month subscription. If you use Shopify Payments to offer credit card payments (recommend) then there is a fee assessed of 2.9% for each transaction, plus a flat fee of $0.30 per transaction. This drops to 2.4% (plus $0.30 per sale) if you choose a more expensive monthly plan.
Using Shopify’s easy-access platform and comprehensive interface, any and all members of your online store can edit, create, and manage products. you can simply install payment methods to further simplify your customers’ buying experiences and provides them as several options as possible once it involves making payments in e-commerce solutions Thailand. Shopify provides you options to simply add products and optimize them to be seen by your potential customers.